Healthy, light, vegetarian, vegan, green, crisp, easy-to-cook and even easier to eat!
Ingredients to make 12 patties
300g frozen peas, boiled for 3 minutes and then cooled
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 green chillies
125g baby leaf spinach, shredded in a food processor
1 tsp. cumin powder
1 tsp. coriander powder
1 tsp. chaat masala
65g brown rice, cooked per packet instructions and then cooled
50g jumbo oats
- Combine the peas, garlic, spices and seasonings into the food processor and blitz them into a lightly lumpy paste. Then add the spinach and blitz again.
- Turn the pea paste into a large bowl and then add the oats, breadcrumbs and cooled, cooked brown rice and form it all into dough.
- Put the patty mix into the fridge for 15 minutes and then bring it out to form equal sized patties, placing them onto baking paper.
- Place the patties back into the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Once the patties have set to a more firm shape, bake them in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until they are lightly golden on the outside.